The Event Management Specialist role provides proactive and remote technical response to various alert events for C Spire Business customers throughout the Southeast. We are looking for an individual who is eager to learn, highly customer focused, patient, an effective communicator, self-initiating, has a positive attitude, and is able to prioritize and execute tasks without micro-management. The role will involve responding to and remediating issues that are brought to our attention by the alerting system deployed to our customers.
• Respond to and remediate issues uncovered by our monitoring system
• Thoroughly document issues in the ticketing system
• Troubleshoot and remediate Windows based applications, Operating Systems (desktop and server), and Server Roles (AD DS, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Print Server, File Server).
• Troubleshoot various networking equipment including but not limited to Firewalls, Switches, Wireless Access Points and Modems
• Troubleshoot and restart windows services
• Troubleshoot and remediate Virtual Machine and host issues
• Troubleshoot and remediate High CPU usages / High Memory Use / Low disk space
• Perform virus and malware remediation.
• Perform any other task or duty as assigned or required.
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Written/Verbal communication proficiency
• Accountability & Dependability
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Customer Focus
• Self Management
• Time Management
• Development and Continual Learning
• Ethical Conduct
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities of personnel, but is expected to supervise work on the primary support board to ensure alignment with C Spire Business' processes.
In most cases, work will be performed in a climate-controlled office space.
• Candidate should be able to lift 75 pounds.
• Job will require sitting for long periods of time, and may occasionally require bending, lifting, and driving.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position for five, 8-hour days (40 hours total). A one-hour lunch break is provided. Shift start times range from 6:00 AM Central to 9:00 AM Central.
This position requires less than 1% travel. No overnight travel should be expected.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications
• Candidate should have Associates or higher degree in Computer Science or related field OR an industry standard certification.
• Candidate should have at least one year of experience in an inbound, customer support role or in a job supporting Windows Desktops and/or Servers.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications
• Inbound Call Experience
• Experience providing remote support in a Call Center environment
• A+ certified
• Net+ certified
• Some experience in the following is preferred:
• Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
• Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016
• Active Directory
• Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013, Office 365
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Terminal Servers
• Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Proficient in written and oral communication (English).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.