SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Make your mark on the front lines of high tech! C Spire is seeking elite and talented rising College Junior, Senior, or Graduate Students with a desire to work in the fast paced world of Technology. If you are ready to jump into the day to day life of a C Spire employee, this is an exciting opportunity for you!
1. Responsible for providing support to designated department.
2. Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
3. Perform and complete assignments given by Manager in assigned department.
4. Prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment.
5. Communicate in written and oral formats both inter-departmentally and intra-departmentally.
6. Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
7. Interact with other interns in the summer internship program.
8. Actively engaged as an employee advocate and fully committed to supporting our strategic vision to be and become known as the BEST in our industry through:
• Putting our customer at the center of everything we do
• A relentless passion to be the best
• Being competitive, bold, innovative and adding value
• An ownership mentality, behavior and accountability
• An unyielding commitment to quality
• Respect for our internal and external customers
• Continuous improvement
• Being resourceful, productive and efficient
• Maximum dedication and effort with high energy, enthusiasm and urgency
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university, as a junior, senior or graduate student (in good standing.) Must be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineer, Information Systems or related field of study. Successful completion of Data Networks or Computer Security or Call Center Management or Operating Systems class is preferred. Must have successfully completed at least 12 credit hours in computer technology or math related course work. Must have housing in metro Jackson MS area. Must be at least 18 years of age.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Interns must be able to adapt and perform in a rapidly changing work environment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and use computer keyboard and/or mouse while viewing computer screen.
Note: This is a brief description of the Internship responsibilities and is not limited to those described herein. Management retains the right to add, delete or modify any of these responsibilities at any time during employment. Rev. 10/2015